Centre Philosophy & Goals
At London carriage we believe in living in the here and now. Acknowledging that childhood is a special time in life and children need time to be. Time to be themselves, try new things and have fun.
We recognise the importance of the first five years of the child’s life and how it is fundamentally important in the development of the whole child.
We take on a holistic approach paying attention to the individual child’s physical, personal, social, emotional and cognitive aspects of learning and being.
We encourage children to be independent , fostering children’s ideas interests by incorporating them into our daily program and practices.
We believe that each family knows their child best, and as early childhood educators we strive to work in partnerships with families to ensure the best outcomes for the children in our care.
We have a commitment to providing a quality service which fosters an attitude of mutual respect, open relationships and support between staff, children, families and management.
We aim to provide a safe and positive learning environment where the children, families and educators feel they belong.
- Positive relationships with children.
• Where children can develop confidence and positive self-esteem through a supportive and secure environment.
• Promote each child’s confidence and positive self-image through a range of provisions, experiences and opportunities that build upon their understandings, skills and values and promote success.
• Giving children the responsibility to be independent and create their own identity.
- An environment where all children feel a sense of belonging.
• Provide an environment that reflects the individuality of the children in our service.
• Foster children’s interests and ideas and include them in the daily program.
• Create meaningful and deliberate play based learning environments.
- Family involvement
• Welcome our families into the service and promote involvement in our program and centre activities.
• Promote partnerships with families, acknowledging that each family knows their child best.
• To align our centre with the early years learning framework and the national quality framework.
• To provide intentional teaching moments to the children in our care.
• To base the curriculum on the interests of the children by incorporating children’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities and interests.
• To create more connections within the local community.